Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blog Eight

Project 2 will definitely be a bigger challenge than the previous but the idea seems fun and appealing.  So, I'm looking forward to it.  After tinkering around, the Power Point application seems most promising to the vision I have in mind.

My initial thought was to create a children's story, an idea I've played around with before.  The story would be based around an adventure; either a character retelling their exaggerated version of an event or a character dealing with an issue.
  • The character can perhaps be moved around the story like a game piece on a board game by the reader with lexia following.
Another thought I had was to animate a poem; with amusing lexia to grab the reader's attention and interesting "play" provided by the animation for the reader.
  • I'd work on having the text separate and come together either letter by letter or word by word.  Also, I would like some of the text to act out their meaning (e.g. the word "swim" would appear to swim onto the page)
My question(s) for Dr. Flores during our twitter session:
  • Does concentrating on the electronic or interactive aspect of a story take away from the value of the lexia in the story?
             What is the best way to avoid this?
    • How can I work with the same clip art image throughout a story but also have that image available in different poses or performing different actions?
                 Will I be forced to draw my own image?



    No comments:

    Post a Comment