Sunday, May 12, 2013

Final Project

The theme I chose for my final project is dance.  I've always been very captivated by the artistry of dance and the iconic figures that we so desperately want to emulate like Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly.  Well, I wrote a poem from a first person perspective in which the speaker attempts to dance.  Although the speaker begins with two left feet, the experience they attain through practice and passion results in real skill and confidence. 

I worked with PowerPoint again for this project, but this time the most recent version, 2013, providing many options and capabilities.  Also, Windows Movie Maker allowed me to creatively enhance my work with the movie clips I chose for this piece, Swing Time with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers and Singing in the Rain with Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor.

Each slide is hyperlinked to the next slide and the final slide is set to begin the ELit story again.  The song "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior is the perfect audio to solidify the theme and purpose behind the piece, the fun and skill in dance.  Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel"  is used on the last slide to best mirror the bold tone of the last lines in my poem "One Two Step".  An audio clip of tap dancing from freesound.org is also used in the first and final slide to reference tap, a most artistic form of dance where the dancer creates music with each step.

As any project, this required time and patience but the end result was well worth it.  Overall, I had fun with it.  I hope those who do get to experience my piece enjoy it.

Here it is....  One Two Step

No comments:

Post a Comment